Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Not-So-Great Escape

I don't know if she thinks she's being clever, but she's not. She could have at least put the hole behind the bush where it wouldn't be so obvious.

Anyway, Jane has diligently been trying to dig her way out of her new little play yard. Perhaps she feels more like a prisoner of war than I suspected, or perhaps she thinks we plan to eat her some day. We don't. But I don't know how to tell her that, and I don't know how to communicate that she probably wouldn't survive in the 'wild' for long.

Still, I haven't had the heart to put a stop to her attempt yet. She definitely has made it under the fence, but I am a little curious to see how soon she will try to angle up with her digging, or if she is intent on making a real sort of burrow. Stay tuned for updates.


No comments: