Tuesday, December 21, 2010


Finley came into the living room yesterday morning with bright pink smeared above her eyes, some of it sneaking up onto her forehead. "Finley," I said, "you might want to look in the mirror when you put on make up." "I did!" she answered. Oh.

I suppose because I don't wear a lick of make-up ever and could probably look nicer than I do most of the time, I have no credibility with my daughter. So, when I tell her that her application of make up doesn't look good, she shrugs me off. Either she really does think she looks better with bright colors plastered above her eyes, or she doesn't care that she looks silly. I'll just be glad when the make up she got at a Christmas party this weekend is GONE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me, too, because when I saw her "bruised" eyes, I thought someone punched her! :( Gramma N.