Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's been a beautiful day. Can't say I'm bursting with energy, though, as Finley's coughing keeps waking me up at night.

A peek at the garden showed happy pea shoots and really long grass. I need to get the push mower started to get it under control. But I don't think we've been able to get the mower started in two years. Of course, if we had a manual push mower, I wouldn't be having this problem, but I don't, so I decided to tinker with the gas beast a bit. I figured the fuel line might be gummed up (thanks to ethanol gas... don't get me started), but all I managed to do was spill gas all over my hands. The carburetor needs to be taken apart and cleaned out, or something, so I am going to leave the small engine repair to Chris.

Then, I decided to paint more of the sealer on the frame for the chicken coop cage, since Chris wants to do a little to keep the wood from rotting, but fifteen minutes into painting with a big 4" brush, and my hand kept cramping up. So I decided to leave painting with the big brush to Chris.

Since nothing seemed to be going well for methis afternoon, I just decided to sit on the front steps in the sun and let the kids shoot me.

They got tired of shooting me, and had a duel. Z won.

You'd never think this crazy little gun-slinger would be such a good shot!

No comments: