Thursday, November 7, 2013

Workin' Hard

Just looking at it makes me itch.

We worked hard last week putting up insulation. It took about four days with the help of my mom and brother to get all the exterior walls and ceilings insulated. I'm sure a profession crew could have finished all of it in half the time (or less). But, perfectionist that I am, it took us a little longer, and we probably did a better job.

We still need to insulate the floor and some of the interior walls for sound dampening, but I couldn't handle another day of itching.

In the mean time, I've been getting my eBay store up and running again to bring in some 'extra' money. By the end of this week, I'll probably be so sick of eBay that I'll be happy to dive back into the insulation.

In other news, Chris decided that, since our neighbor offered to help, he will hang the drywall himself. I am hoping we will still find someone to finish it for us.

For kicks, I looked up how much we've spent on the house so far. I really have no idea how much it would have cost us to get to this point if we had hired out the work, but I'm convinced we've saved a butt load. (Note: I just learned that a butt is an actual unit of measurement equivalent to 2 hogsheads or 126 gallons.)

No comments: