Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Making Marks

I was getting tired of the cinder block steps we have been using, so about a week ago, I decided it was time to build some legitimate steps for the front of the house. Although we eventually hope to have some nice stone or brick-lined steps for the entrance, we decided it would be quicker and easier to build wooden ones using some old decking material we have on hand.

But instead of just concreting the 4x4 posts in some holes, we figured it would be wise to go ahead and pour a slab. So this weekend, that's what we did.
 Seeing the wet concrete, the kids begged us to put their hand prints in the slab like they did in the porch concrete nearly three years ago. I have to admit, the thought went through my mind that it would be fun to have a chicken print on the slab, too, but brushed the idea aside as a little ridiculous. So when Finley asked if we could put Lizzy's footprint on the slab, I was more than happy to give it a try.
Turned out nicely, I think.

No comments: