Tuesday, June 17, 2014

2014's Hatchlings

A few days ago, I walked outside and noticed Rockstar was out of the coop where she had been sitting on a clutch of eggs. I went over to check on her, and found four, little fluff-balls dozing in the grass next to her. She had hatched out two black and two multi-colored babies.

 That got me wondering about Isadora. I couldn't remember exactly when she started sitting, but figured her eggs should be hatching soon as well. Sure enough, a day or two later, they did. She ended up with two yellow & orange chicks, one brown, striped chick, and a gray. Although I can tell which kind of hen laid three of the eggs>chicks, but I am not sure where the gray one came from. It will be fun to see what it looks like after its feathers come in.
Notice the chick poking out of the feathers on Isadora's back.
I could sit around the coops all day watching the new, little chickens. Unfortunately there are other things I have to do.

No comments: