Monday, February 23, 2015

Snow Day #6

All day yesterday, I kept daydreaming about taking the kids to school in the morning, then coming home to an empty house. I was going to enjoy another cup of coffee in  the quiet before I put on some music my kids would not approve of and turn it up to a loud volume. I would relish in cleaning up the kitchen, knowing that it would stay clean for at least four or five hours. Then, a trip to the grocery store (all by myself)! After groceries were put away, more loud music would accompany further housecleaning. It was going to be glorious.

Between illnesses and snow days, I have had two and a half weeks of constant interaction with other human beings. This morning, when I woke up to find that a millimeter of frozen rain caused yet another cancellation of school, my introverted self started to (inwardly) writhe and wail in disappointment and agony.

I have since taken several deep breaths, and have acknowledged that, yes, I can make it through one more day. Melodrama over.

1 comment:

Kohana said...

IT's the torture of an introvert. "I love you so much - please let me alone." :) Hopefully you get your break soon!