Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Green Grass

I was about to give up on spring, but the grass is green and growing here. Chris spent yesterday afternoon on the first mow of the season.

One of my peach trees is starting to bloom... just in time to get nipped by Friday's expected frost.

The chickens have started laying piles of eggs.

The warmth of the spring sun revives.

I ran across this quote a while back:  “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” - Robert F. Kennedy

It seemed simple and logical and inspiring when I first read it. But it is also a veiled warning. Be prepared for great failure. 

I've been pulling myself out of the funk of failure over these past few weeks. 
But the grass is green and growing, forgetting the cold.
There is forgiveness. There is life and beauty ahead.

No comments: