Friday, July 10, 2015

Daisy, the (not-so-brilliant) Escape Dog

When Finley went outside this morning, she discovered Daisy hanging out on the front porch. She must not have been out of her yard too long. Chris had been out that way just a few minutes before.

She had gotten away from us twice a few weeks ago, spending a good 15 minutes or more running all over God's green earth before we got her back into 'captivity'. 

This time, I guess she didn't feel like really running away. I got the leash, went out onto the porch, and she walked right up to me and let me put it on. We walked around for a minute before I led her back to her yard. 

"Where'd you get out, Daisy?" I asked her. I knew she had been spending a lot of time under the tree in the back corner, so we trotted back that way. As soon as I ducked my head under the branches of the tree, she nosed the spot in the fence she had squeezed through.

"Thank you, Daisy," I praised her and gave her a good scratch. Then I let her off the leash, and placed a little piece of wood and cinder block that happened to be nearby over the hole. 


What a good dog.

No comments: