Monday, May 14, 2007

Whatever...

Belated Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there reading my blog. Hope it was swell. Since it seems as if I can't quite get caught up on my sleep, I was cranky and tired all day. Instead of wanting to bask in the adoring attention of my children and husband, all I wanted to do was to isolate myself and read a good book or watch some mindless television. I did get a few minutes to read while the kids napped (though Chris had a hard time leaving me alone), and after they went to bed, I got to watch the second half of an old Star Trek episode.

My mother has been toying with the idea of a secondary residence in Nashville to spend a few months of the year here. It seems a little cruel to me to get my hopes up. My sister-in-law Jenny did remind me, however, that the last time my mother got such a wild hair, my folks ended up moving from Omaha to Montana in the matter of a few months. We'll see.

I finished reading Inside Delta Force this weekend, and I must say, I enjoyed it a little more than the Mother Teresa biography. It was a whole lot less spiritually convicting (like, not at all), but it was very fascinating. There is a part of my make up that would want to be an ultra skilled commando, shooting up in a matter of seconds a slough of bad guys without harming a hair of the innocent hostages... Maybe why that is why the ultra-love state of being seems like such an impossible thing to me. It takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.

Which reminds me of something I heard once: "The body of Christ is made up of different parts. Somebody has to be the [arse]."

And for those of you who like to watch my kids do random things, here is a link to a video of: Joe Eating a Banana.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I started reading a book by/about Mother Theresa and after getting halfway through the first chapter I quit reading. She was talking about how we should sit in silence before God until we learn the reverence with which we should address Him. Well, most of my praying (if and when I pray these days) goes up more like a shout, saying "can you give me a hand down here?".

Yes, it does take all kinds to make the world go round.