Thursday, December 6, 2007

Babies

Before I had Finley, I could count on one finger the number of times I remember holding a newborn. In the hospital after she was born, I asked the nurse to check to make sure I had put her diaper on properly. I remember her crying as I felt helpless and stupid. I've come a long way.

A week after a woman initially might suspect that she is pregnant (due to a missed period), a wee little heart begins to beat in the developing baby. Three weeks after that, the fetus has already developed all its major organs. Amazing.

I remember watching an ultrasound of Joe wiggling around at 8 or 9 weeks, and it looked like he was snuggling into me. He still snuggles.

Finley was an easy baby to carry. She didn't get that big, and when she wanted to move, she would just fidget or stretch out a little. I really enjoyed feeling her movement inside of me. Joe wasn't so fun. He would kick and jump and push on me as hard as he could.

Now I've got another peanut-sized baby growing in my belly. I'm sick, I'm exhausted... but I am so looking forward to meeting this new one.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

No wonder you sounded tired today!

Congratulations!!!!