Thursday, December 27, 2007

It's Been a While...

We've been busy, and when I do get a moment to breathe, I usually just want to nap or curl up in bed and watch (or more often, listen) to something interesting on TV. Since I actually have half an ounce of energy right now, I figured I should post something before everyone thinks I have abandoned my blog.

I had my first OB appointment last Friday. I called Chris afterward to let him know everything was okay. I had gotten an ultrasound, and so after he hung up, he told Finley that I had seen the baby.

Now, Chris has a habit... a bad habit, really. When some one asks him a question and he either isn't really listening or doesn't hear, he automatically answers, "Yeah." (That makes me crazy.) So Finley, not understanding the methods of modern medicine, asked if they cut me open to see the baby. Chris wasn't really listening, and answered, "yeah," and Finley freaked out. Thankfully, Reanna was there and heard her question, so immediately attempted to comfort Finley and get Chris to correct his unfortunate mistake.

When I got home, she still hadn't gotten the idea out of her head, and asked me if "it" was "still open" and could she look inside to see the baby.

So here is the first picture of the reason I have been feeling so lousy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Somehow your story reminds me that in order to enter God's Kingdom we must have the faith of a little child....! So simplistic, and believing....but so open to fear...No wonder Jesus says over and over, "Fear not..."