Wednesday, August 18, 2010

This week's project:

Jane's new home...
One of the first things I wanted to do when we moved was set up an area for Jane to safely hop around and munch on grass.


This past week, I finally decided to take the bull by the horns and get it done... especially since I was very tired of the ammonia smell that would waft from the litter pan to my nose as I tried to enjoy a sit on the porch.


I hauled an old hutch that was left here by the previoius owners (hereafter abbreviated 'lbpo') to the shop with my wagon (lbpo) and shingled it to weather proof the plywood roof (shingles:lbpo). Then I gathered fence posts (lbpo) and left over garden fencing, and created her hop area. The gate is a section of fence fixed to two long pieces of rebar (lbpo). The legs of the gate slide into conduit I pounded into the ground, and the top sides are velcroed to the fence posts that make the gateway. Some old deck boards (lbpo) make up Jane's ramp. I also tacked on bits of shingle (lbpo) to the ramp for a non-skid surface. At the time of the photo, Jane had yet to brave a trip down the ramp.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job! And aren't you happy for the lbpo items?! Maybe Jane will lose some weight, if she gets the "swing of" going up and down the ramp!...:)