Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Coop: Beginnings

Sunday, we started building the new chicken coop. I must admit, I felt a slight twinge of guilt, because we were scheduled to go to my folks for lunch 'after church', and my folks never (that I can remember) skipped church when I was growing up. And I could hear some preacher somewhere booming at me, "Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it HOLY!" Well, a break from the typical routine and some time with wood and a chop prompts my spirit to worship the divine, so...

The plan was to build the floor and walls separately in the shop to slap together some later date outside when the weather isn't so lousy. A few hours later, we had the floor complete and headed off to my folks. When I asked my mom what the sermon was about at their church, she said, "Remember the Sabbath..." How funny. - Later, we finished building the side walls.

Today, my folks came over to watch the kids, and I managed to get the front and back walls framed. Here is a shot of it clamped together to make sure everything is good to go:

Tomorrow, I hope to cut the rafters for the roof.

No comments: