Wednesday, April 20, 2011

An Easter Bunny

As Chris was mowing yesterday, I heard him yell, stop the mower, then go running toward the trailer. Soon, I saw him running to the shop. I was fairly certain nothing terrible had happened to one of the kids, but it seemed something was urgent. As I walked toward the trailer, he came sprinting out of the shop, donning a pair of gloves. He started searching behind the yuccas, and a second later, a little rabbit came tearing out across the lawn. Chris gave chase. Zip, zap, back and forth, through (and around) the fence... until the poor little guy gave up a pathetic squeak and Chris rose from the ground triumphant.
Little rabbits are so cute. The kids were delighted to get to see one up close. And you could see Chris's heart melting. So, of course, they all want to keep the rabbit, and here I stand with my heart torn, thinking about this terrified, little animal (SO cute) huddled in the corner of a box wishing for all the world it was back outside hiding in a clump of grass under the wide, blue sky.

No comments: