Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Like cats on a hot tin roof...

Today, Chris and I managed to finish the panels on the dormer... Tricky, since we had to measure and cut the angles for the valley. Then we started to put the ridge caps up. We started on the dormer, with the sun beating down. The steep, slippery roof was made all the more uncomfortable by the stinging heat. It left me wondering WHY in the world I wanted the dormer roof to have such a steep pitch. Oh, yeah... I thought a lesser pitch "looked too flat". Sometimes I'd like to kick myself in the rear end being so concerned about aesthetics. But I guess as long as we come out of this alive and never have to go up there again, I will have thought it worth the trouble.

We started to put one more piece of cap up on the main ridge, and then it started to rain... Sliding down a wet, metal roof might be fun if we had a deep pool at the bottom to plunge into, but we don't, so we called it quits for the day. The rest of the roof will have to wait. Chris needs to go back to work tomorrow.

No comments: