Monday, June 25, 2012

Siding: Complete

Saturday morning, with the sun beating down upon us, we tackled the rest of the siding. I took this picture mid morning after we had the siding up in between the windows.
 By Sunday afternoon, the siding was finished and Chris had caulked everything and was painting. I have discovered that I am not fond of caulking or painting. I can't say what it is, but I am happy to leave that to Chris and don't feel an ounce of guilt, either. I figure if he has left me with the task of cleaning toilets, I can abandon him when the paint brushes come out.
Originally, we thought that a ridge vent would be adequate ventilation, but the smothering heat we felt every time we went up the stairs made it obvious the roofing system's ridge vents were a joke. After Chris cut out some of the sheathing to open the gable up for a vent, he could feel the heat pour out. Now we just need to build some gable vents.

2 comments:

Chris Burnett said...

Did you consider roof turbine vents?

Wendy said...

No. At this point, we want to mess with the roof as little as possible. I suppose if we need extra venting, we can install later.