Thursday, October 4, 2012

Duct Tape Day

I got a little excited when I heard about Duct Tape Day at the kids' school. But just a little.
 
The night before last, Finley told me some of her ideas, which included a hair bow and neck tie. Not to be the type to step in on a kid's ambition, I asked her if she wanted my help. She did. And then I went crazy. After making the hair bow, I made the neck tie, then had the idea of wrapping an old pair of my socks in duct tape (while on my feet) to create shoes. That wrapped up the evening, and yesterday, I may or may not have spent the entire day on the rest of the kids' outfits. I was a little bummed that Joe's hat turned out a little small, but I've learned my lesson for next time.
 
Not aparent in the photos is the fact the vests actually button. If you can't tell, I'm a little proud of my work, but more importantly, it was just fun to put everything on hold for a day and create.