Sunday, March 17, 2013

Ours Is A Charmed Life

Yesterday was beautiful.
 
After taking Joe to baseball practice in the morning, I came home to find the gravel yard out front of the shop strewn with nearly all our motorized equipment. Knowing that the weather was going to be nice, I had asked Chris to make sure the tiller was running so that I could till up the weeds in the garden before the rain came again. I guess one thing led to another, and before he knew it, Chris was chest deep in mowers, go-karts, a chipper, and various gas-powered cousins, cleaning out their carburetors and firing up their engines (or failing to do so).

It had been months since I had taken a spin on the motorcycle, so Chris fired it up for me. Off I went, zooming over the acreage, with that sense of freedom you can get only by throwing your body against the air.
 
The kids soaked up the sunshine and made chocolate cakes in a cup, eating them at the play-set's picnic table.
 
The chickens laid their eggs and pecked bugs out of the grass, the cats did what cats do, and in the evening, the frogs let loose their voices, celebrating the day.

No comments: