Thursday, March 14, 2013

Uh, oh.

After a few days of not trapping the fox at the neighbors (again) we decided to bring the trap back over to our place. Chris claimed he had seen more fox scat in our yard. When I asked him to point it out to me, he showed me a lump of poo. I think he needs to take some scat identification classes, because it was definitely NOT fox poo.
 
Anyway, Chris thought he'd set the trap up near the shop anyway, and for several days it has caught absolutely nothing. Until now.
 
 After a quick internet search on how far a skunk can spray (10-15 feet) and what it looks like when it is about to do so (U shape with head and tail pointed your way), I ran out and took photos.
  Note that I am not in possession of a telephoto zoom lens,
 and got braver (or stupider, depending on your opinion) the more pictures I took.
It's a cute little rascal- obviously not full grown. I'm wondering if I can figure out a way to get it to the park and release it without aquiring an offesive odor.

No comments: