Saturday, July 20, 2013

Life keeps rollin' along...

The second story of a house without insulation can get pretty toasty on a late July day, but I've been braving the heat and drilling some holes for the electrical lines.
 I can only take so much at a time, though, and thought while I cool off, I'd better update the blog.

A few weeks back, while I was bush-hogging, the power steering went out on the tractor. We figured the seals had failed as fluid was squirting out from around the rod every time I turned the wheel. We bought all the seals, and I watched as Chris struggled to get the cylinder apart and back together again. We weren't exactly sure if we were putting it back together correctly, but turns out we must have, as it has been working fine ever since. It feels good to fix something on your own.
Finley and Zivah's birthdays were this past week, and I am ashamed to say that I haven't even made a cake for them yet this year. I was a little preoccupied with a project at church, among other things, but I plan to make one before the month is out. If I let it slide, and there are no blow-out-the-candles-on-the-birthday-cake photos, I will probably feel guilty for the rest of my life. Better late the never, right?

Lest you think I am a complete failure as a mother, I should point out that we did celebrate at the indoor 'Pump It Up' playground with the Nicholas cousins. The kids had a lot of fun.
Now that the sweat has dried, so I guess it's time to get back to it.
Until next time...

No comments: