Monday, August 12, 2013

Back To School !!! - among other things

With the kids fighting a cold, and the hot, sticky weather outside, the kids spent a lot of time last week on Lego creations. Finley likes to build houses, carefully striping them or limiting the block colors. Joe builds symmetrical, Star Wars inspired ships with hidden guns. Zivah builds things like this:
Cold sometimes lead to ear infections, so I found a rarely napping Z out for the count in Daddy's chair.
 In the garden, that is suffering from severe neglect, I found a big watermelon hidden in the weeds. It was a whopping 20 lbs. I checked the 'spoon' leaf and tendril and they were both dried up, so I assumed that it was ripe.
 I was wrong. Apparently, thump tests are necessary to determine ripeness, as well. At least the chickens enjoyed a treat.
 And today, I got to drop the older two off for their first full day at school. (Zivah starts next week.) Finley is sporting quite a few stripes along with her ear-infected-induced, fake smile.

My smile is real, however, as I anticipate an opportunity to get some serious house cleaning done.

No comments: