Friday, July 25, 2014

A Better Week

We woke up the morning after my last post to a collapsed section of trench. All the rain we got had weakened the sides of the trench and a mini-mudslide had ensued. I used the tractor to dig out as much mud as I could, and then went to work with the shovel.

The mudslide wasn't all setback. I found two glass marbles as I was digging.
We managed to get the trench dug out and the pipe laid, then went on vacation. Instead of the beach, we opted for a quicker, closer trip to Chattanooga where the Finley, Joe, and Z got their first amusement park experience. I was kind of glad that Zivah was too small for some of the more intense rides like the tilt-a-whirl. I can't handle as much as I used to.
Z and me at the top of the ferris wheel.
Chris and Joe in a paddle boat.
Brutal bumper cars.

One of my favorite things there was the sky lift. It reminded me of the long-gone Peony Park in Omaha.
Finley and Reanna on the sky lift.
After exhausting ourselves on the roller-coasters and other rides, Chris, Reanna, and I managed to convince the younger, more energetic kids that it would be in their best interest to head to the hotel. We stayed overnight in the Chattanooga Choo Choo hotel, then spent the next day at the aquarium and Lookout Mountain before heading back home that evening.

The day after our trip, a guy from the electrical company came out to inspect our trench. With everything a "go", we had the other inspector out the next day to see if he would give us a service release. The orange sticker below gave the electric company the green light to hook up power to the house, and as of 10 a.m. this morning, we have electricity in the house!

All that's left (I think) is flooring, cabinets, and plumbing fixtures........ Pinch me. I might be dreaming.

No comments: