Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Kids

Figured I should take a minute to brag on the kids a little.

 Finley and I have been helping the neighbor with her horses the past couple weeks. Last night, the neighbor was gone, so we were supposed to lead the horses to the stable, feed them a little, and treat one that was having some dermatitis issues. Up to this point, the horses had been pretty calm whenever we got them, but last night, the one Finley had was feeling a little impatient. After Finley circled a few times to try to get the horse to slow down, it decided to take off at a trot to the stable, nearly dragging Finley alongside. Finley's foot got kicked or stepped on in the process, and when it was all over, Finley was a little shook up and in tears. I asked a little later if she still wanted a horse. She didn't hesitate. "Yes." Cowgirl up.

 Last night, the kids watched the Rudolph Christmas special on television. At the end of the show, Rudolph's dad, who initially was rather embarrassed by his son's red nose and doubted Rudolph had a future with Santa's team said, "I knew that nose would be useful someday. I knew it all along!" This BS was too much for Joe, who blurted out, "THEN WHY DID YOU KEEP MAKING INSULTS ON HIM?!"
And Zivah. She handed me a huge stack of addition flash cards the other night, insisting I quiz her. She happily and correctly answered all but three. I have spent little to no time with her on her math facts up to this point. Apparently, she's the one that inherited my math gene.

No comments: