Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Kitchen Progress

After six or so months of living with open cabinets, my mom and I put up the upper cabinet doors today. Although it was rather convenient to be able to see everything and just reach in and grab stuff, I didn't like the cluttered look. If everything was lined up perfectly and matched somehow, I wouldn't have minded being doorless as much, but the cleaner look makes me happier.
 One of Chris's worries was that white cabinets would give the kitchen a bland, sterile look. To help with that, we went with darker countertops and oil-rubbed bronze hardware. The doors really brightened up the room. But the wall of white did seem a little stark and overwhelming, so to bring a little more warmth and color to the room, I brought down our Angry Birds and perched them atop the cabinets. (I know, I know, Angry Birds is so 2012, but it's the only thing I could think of and find that would work. Besides, I still like to play the game. The physics of it and all...)


1 comment:

Chris Burnett said...

You might even incorporate some of those same physics during the cooking process.