Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Tuesdays

Finley and I live for Tuesdays. 'Why?' you ask.

I'll tell you: Storytime.

Many of you have heard me rave about Storytime, and I know you think I'm crazy. So I got an idea. Since most of you can't make it to Storytime with us, I thought I'd bring a little Storytime to you.

I packed up our little digital camera this week in hopes to bring you a little slice of the good life. Unfortunately, I forgot how horrible photos with an inexpensive camera in low lighting can turn out, and I didn't think it was quite appropriate to get up in the puppets' faces with repeated flashes just for my little blog. (Can you imagine the emotional scarring I could have caused with such paparazzi tactics?)

So here you are. One bad photo of my favorite Storytime puppet: Cedric the dragon.

I know, it doesn't do him justice.
But how could any photo tell you about his dry humor and wit that makes me nearly obsessed with him.

Mary Mary is our favorite human, and she always makes a rainbow. That is why (if you haven't noticed) Finley is obsessed with rainbows.
And did I mention that they juggle?
No, no, not the puppets, but the humans do... and little Joe is captivated by that. (I've been inspired to learn to juggle. It's such a good skill to have.)
So if you are ever in town on a Tuesday, or need an excuse to ditch work for a while, join us on an excursion to the wonderful Nashville Public Library. You'll be glad you did.

No comments: