Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Who in their right mind...

We periodically receive a bag or five of clothes from a friend of a neighbor. Although I am very thankful for them (a third of Finley and Joe's wardrobe is made of up these clothes, I think), most of these items I would never dress my children with. And every once in a while, there is a real doozy. (See photo on left.)

The disturbing part, however, is that this particular item has been in my possession before.

I received these bibs the first time when Finley was born. Needless to say, she never wore them. About a year ago, I donated several boxes of clothes to the Salvation Army, these bibs included. Inspite of my desire to trash them, I figured there might be some one out there crazy enough to buy them for her child. After all, they are in great condition... ie. never worn.

But when I saw these incredibly unique bibs emerge from a bag in my living room once again, a holy terror arose in me. Either I will be plagued by these bibs reappearing time and again for the rest of my life (scary), or there are more of these in existence (even more scary).

So what do I do? Give them away again and live with the fear of them coming back to haunt me? Put them in a box and shove them into the dark recesses of the basement? Incorporate them into an ugly-on-purpose quilt? Use them as my own personal white elephant baby gift?

Stay tuned to see what I decide.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know......this gramma thinks they are kinda cute...or maybe it's just the little fella in them.....:)

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh out loud. I think I remember these from the first time around.

-MNN

Anonymous said...

I'm carrying this picture in my wallet so that I can rebuy these for you whenever I see them. What manufacturer did you say made them?