Thursday, April 12, 2007

Men.

We have a toilet in the unfinished space of our attic. Just like a typical man, this is Chris' favorite toilet to use. It has no sink nearby, no doors or walls to give you that secure feeling while you defecate.


Something I don't quite understand is the pride men feel concerning the size of the deposits they make into toilets. Maybe it has something to do with the ecouragement we give toddlers when they learn to poop in the potty, but I thought we were supposed to grow out of that need for acknowledgement. Anyway, I can't tell you how many times I've heard something like "I can't believe they're [his cheeks] still together after all that." Pride comes before a fall.


A few days ago, Chris went upstairs to 'do his business.' When he came down, he said, "It got stuck! [read with touch of pride] What are we going to do?"


We?


He left for work, the thing still stuck in the toilet. When he got home, he went to check on it, hoping that it had miraculously disappeared. No suck luck. He came down, asking for more advice, secrectly hoping I would bail him (and the poop) out. Would Drano work, he asked. I doubt it, I said, what about a stick? He didn't like that idea. I suggested a latex glove.


Minutes later, armed with a stick, plastic bag, and latex gloves, Chris went upstairs to take care of his problem. He soon came back down, proclaiming loudly, "Watch out! Poop on a stick!"


Men.

No comments: