Monday, June 25, 2007

Brains



I am reading Bringing Up Boys by James Dobson. My sister-in-law gave it to me for my birthday. She said it has helped her understand her son better... I was hoping it would help me understand my husband a little better, and it has...

Dobson explains the physiological differences between boys and girls, and during the 6th or 7th week of the developement of the male fetus, there is a 'spiking' of the testosterone hormone which (this is the quote, no joke...) "actually damages the walnut-shaped brain..."

I was going to leave it at that, but I suppose that's not fair to my husband... Lately I had been wondering why he just doesn't get the connections between his words and/or actions, and the resulting hurt feelings, etc. by me or other members of the household. Well, I guess he has a good excuse: Due to his 'brain damage,' he just can't connect those dots. I know once in a while, the Holy Spirit steps in and helps him via 'revelation,' but I guess the job is mainly mine right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And to think I raised two boys without knowing this important piece of information!?!