Thursday, September 20, 2007

School Days

Generally, Finley wants to thinks that any word that starts with 'F' must be her name. I have been trying to teach her otherwise, but most type includes the small letters, (as opposed to capitalized... is there a more technical name? oh yes, I just remembered...) I mean lower case letters, and she doesn't know those yet. Learning is complicated isn't it?

Anyway, I managed to keep her interested and encouraged enough today to get her to scrawl out her entire first name for the first time today. I only helped her with the 'N.' Finley's is the one in black, if you couldn't tell (wink, wink).


I was far more excited about it than she was.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo, Fin!

Now will someone please explain the left-hand side of the dry erase board?

Shyla said...

Great job, Finley! Looks like school is coming together for you guys well, how is Reanna (?) doing? You should do a whole state of school post.

Lori said...

WOW. I am really impressed. Judah can make an upper-case I. Without the upper and lower tails. So it looks like a line. Well, it is a line. But he calls it an "I," so that's what it is.

I like the brown background better than the green, but I like your original colors best. Since you were out to try to please me, you know. . .

Anonymous said...

Good job, sweet Finley!...

By the way, I wholeheartedly agree with Lori's color assessment....
"If it ain't broke, why fix it?!"...that sort of thing..:)

Al said...

I complete second Marks comments...
Bravo Fin... and what in the world is going on with the other side of the board?