Friday, May 6, 2011

A Few Thoughts on Motherhood

There's nothing like Mother's Day to help point out how flawed I am as a mother. This week, as I was talking in an exasperated fashion to (also known as 'yelling at') Finley, I opened her backpack to find a Mother's day card she had made at school. Finley had carefully colored it various shades of green (my favorite color). Boy, did that make me feel lousy.

Joe, who up to this point is generally considered a well behaved child by those outside of the family, bit Finley (hard) on the arm. In Sunday School, of all places. He is a good kid, really. He just needs to learn how to handle frustration properly. Okay, so maybe I do, too.

But Mother's Day is coming, so I will try not to be too hard on myself, because my mom says I'm doing a good job.

No comments: