Friday, May 20, 2011

Last Monday, Finley's soccer season ended. It was a little bit of a relief to me, since we had been juggling Joe's baseball practices and games with her practices and games all while trying to get work done on the house. And since I am competitive by nature, games were a bit painful for me to watch... Finley usually played defender, paying more attention to the dirt or what was growing in it rather than the ball. She wasn't an aggressive player, and only made attempts to kick the ball if it came within a 5 foot radius of the spot she seemed determined not to leave.


In spite of all that, and the fact that the team probably did not have a winning season, each player got a trophy to take home after the last game.


Then yesterday, Finley got this note in the mail from her coach:

Dear Finley,
I'm glad you chose to play soccer this year and were on my team. Your confidence and courage are impressive. Many times, you bravely went against kids much bigger than you. I was proud to see you get after the ball. Good Job! Above all, your kindness shown to all. Joy is spread when you are around. I hope these seeds grow. I know you like to give flowers to your mom.
Coach Dan

Enclosed was a packet of daisy seeds.

No comments: