Monday, June 13, 2011

Saturday, Chris and some volunteers got the form for the porch slab built. They built smaller forms and poured the concrete for the porch posts. Some fireblocking and other little details were knocked out on the inside of the house. Sunday, Chris and I worked on getting the posts and beams up and cut our rafter template. Later, after a birthday dinner for me with my folks, Chris got a good start on the porch rafters. As soon as we get the rest of them up, Chris will have me back up on the roof to finish the decking and felt. It will be nice to be able to sit in the shade of our front porch, trying to envision what the view will be with the trailer gone...

1 comment:

Al said...

this looks so great. It is so much easier to picture you sitting there now :-) Nate was joking... "Oh yeah, I can see here sitting there, possibly even rocking, with her pipe and her shotgun leaning against the house behind her" :-)