Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Another Egg-citing Surprise

The girls and I went outside yesterday afternoon to check for eggs. Finley checked the corner of the house where we found the eggs on Sunday and the stable. Nothing. Zivah and I checked the big chicken coop. Nothing. Then we went into the back yard to check the small chicken coop. I told Finley to let Z open up the little door. I expected her to exclaim excitedly, "An egg!" But she didn't. She just stood there, looking.


And when I looked inside and saw this...:I confess, I let out a small scream. Thankfully Chris was home, and he pulled the snake out of the coop:


Then he cut off its head with an axe. As you can see, it had just eaten an egg, and when the axe came down, egg yolk splatted dramatically up into the air.

Maybe I could handle that next time. We'll see.

No comments: