Thursday, January 12, 2012

Why I like my husband.

I'm not the gushing type that tells people how wonderful they are and how much I love them (heart, heart, heart). Get over it. If I've told you once, that should be enough. But I suppose my husband would probably like to hear it a little more often. And days (like today) when he is at work and calls me and I tell him I don't feel like doing anything and he tells me to just take the day off and hang with Z... well, he probably deserves to hear those gushy things more often. So here it goes.

Why I like (okay... love) my husband:

1. He loves me. (Duh.) But he isn't the sort of guy to ogle other women, and really doesn't understand the men that do.

2. He thinks I'm 'smoking hot'. Even when I'm feeling less than lovely. Which sometimes makes me mad, because I would like to think that I could get gross enough to turn him off, but I'm not sure I can.

3. He's man enough to put up with me. It's not easy to gain my respect or to stand up to me when I fall into an egocentric attitude. But he's managed to.

4. He's man enough to admit when he's wrong.

5. He makes me laugh. The (muted) laughter is usually accompanied by a serious eye-roll, though.

6. He makes our kids laugh.

7. Who else would move into a trailer with me and build a house with me and buy me power tools and good beer and ... ???

8. How could I not love a face like that?