Thursday, February 2, 2012

Looking Forward

I've been doing better since throwing my little tantrum the other day. Sometimes you just need to let a little bad air out, then suck in a big, lungful of good air. And there's plenty of good air to be had around here.

Daffodils are blooming. They might be a little early, but so what?

Yesterday, I started some onion seed. Last year, the onions I started from seed weren't so impressive. In going over my planting schedule for this year, I realized that if I can be putting out onion sets in early March, that means the seed needs a 4-6 week start on that date. (Duh.)

The chickens are laying like crazy. Yesterday, the little dragon and I collected 8 eggs. That means that 8 of my 10 laying hens put out yesterday. (Two others hens are in the pet category.)

Who is the little dragon, you ask?
Z has been wearing her dragon costume nearly non-stop for a week. I did manage to wash it one day.

Speaking of eggs... We are borrowing the neighbor's incubator (it is sitting here next to my laptop) and are going to hatch out our own eggs this year. I am giddy. Tomorrow afternoon, I plan on starting the incubation. That takes 21 days, usually, so if anyone wants to come out to the Funny Farm on the the 25th or 26th, we will have some fluffy little chicks for you to dote upon, Lord willing.


No comments: