Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

It's been a productive weekend. Friday, we finished reorganizing and cleaning the playroom and kids' room. That was no small feat. I had been trying get it done for three days, but it took Chris getting home early and lending a hand to get it finished.

Yesterday, while Chris caulked and painted some of the house, I took the old truck topper frame and wrapped it in fencing to provide a chicken run for the birds destined for slaughter.

I feel a little like the witch in Hansel and Gretel, feeding the chickens as much as they want to eat, hoping they won't catch on to my plan and thy to escape. I have to be honest, I had a dream last night that I was cleaning the guts out of a butchered chicken and started dry-heaving. I hope that isn't a bad sign.

Today, Chris and I worked some more on the house, hanging the ceiling joists for the front porch and finishing the siding on the front. This little guy hung out with us the whole time:

One thing I am thankful for is that Chris has the patience to paint, because I don't have a whole lot.
 Another thing I am thankful for is having kids that are old enough to take care of themselves and each other while we are busy working on the house.

We're getting a lot closer to having the outside of the house finished. It felt good to get back into the swing of things.
The tools are put away for the day now, and we're all kickin' back, waiting for the race to start. Tomorrow we relax and grill and take go-karts rides around the farm.

No comments: