Wednesday, May 16, 2012

More Hen Issues

Two days ago, I noticed that two of my hens had been sitting in the nesting boxes all afternoon. Something about Mother's Day must have stirred that innate desire to hatch some chicks...
The hen on the right was the one that got all broody on me earlier this year, and since I haven't caught her getting off the nest yet, it seems like she might be willing to stick it out this time. Goldie2 (left), however, is not so focused, and yesterday morning when she was out for a stroll, I stole her egg. Yes, she was sitting on only one egg. Unfortunately, she went back to the nest later that day, and didn't seem to notice that there were no eggs to sit on and has been there ever since. Not sure how to handle this one. I need to read some chicken-psychology books.

No comments: