Wednesday, January 15, 2014

(Not Really About) Color

It's mid January.

The sun has been peeking through the clouds off and on this morning. I may need to go stand outside and let some sun hit my face for 15 minutes or so.

Chris found a guy he is hiring to finish the drywall. The guy wants to get on it as soon as there are enough days in a row that we can keep the house temperature above 50 degrees. But he pointed out that there were quite a few screws that weren't sunk deep enough. He doesn't mind if the are one or two here or there, but there were just too many, so it is our job to check every single one, which wouldn't be so terrible expect that some one (who shall remained nameless) was a little over-zealous with the drill. Mom came over to help for an hour yesterday, and I counted eight screws in one stud in one of piece of drywall. I didn't count how many there were in the whole sheet.

I also finished framing the upstairs windows in drywall. We are going to be lazy and not bother to put wood trim around them (at least for now).


Anyway, that has me thinking that it won't be so long before the drywall is finished, and then I will have to make decisions about paint color. Why that seems overwhelming at the moment, I can't say.

 In other news, yesterday, when we were out for a walk to see the neighbor's horses, Finley found a deer leg. All the muscle and skin had been removed somehow, but the ligaments were still attached, so Finley had fun 'walking' the leg home to show the rest of the family.

No comments: