Friday, January 9, 2009

I like green.

I used to say that my favorite color was blue, but I realized a few years ago that it is actually green. It must be something about my deepening love for nature and plants and life. When spring rolls around and the baby leaves start peeking out of the scrub brush along the sides of the road, I am one of the first to notice, and it makes me want to spin around and sing like what's-her-name in the Sound of Music. Later, when the trees are leafed out in full force, I love the feeling that I am drowning in green in these Tennessee hills.


So when I took some frozen peas, boiled them just long enough to make then tender, then pureed them for Z, I could hardly could hardly contain my excitement. This is a beautiful green. It is even more beautiful when I think about the sad, drab peas that I could have bought in the baby aisle at the grocery store.
My sweet pea likes to eat her sweet peas.

No comments: