Friday, January 16, 2009

Antiprocrastinating

As one of my New Year's resolutions has been to not procrastinate so much, I haven't been writing as much. I hope you aren't too disappointed.

I don't know why I've been publishing made-up terms (such as Util), but some of these new commonly known 'words' bother me. Such as 'ginormous'. Why combine enormous and gigantic? I don't get it. At least my terms are a bit more intelligent... or at least I'd like to think so. Take 'antiprocrastinating'. Instead of just not procrastinating, like highly ambitious and motivated folks do, antiprocrastinating is making a concentrated effort not to procrastinate. It is looking at the dirty dishes in the sink and telling yourself you ought to wash those, then when you feel yourself about to sit down with a book, you actually wash the dishes.

Anyway, we were driving home from the library on Tuesday, and Finley started talking about 'when there is another baby in your belly.' Not if, but when. I kind of like the fact that, since her whole life, there has been a baby in the house, or one in mama's belly, she takes it for granted that there will be more. I like that the concept of more babies might mean less attention for her or that she might be inconvenienced by more younger siblings in her stuff hasn't entered her mind. As a youngest child myself, I was pretty wrapped up in having my own little world. Of course we don't don't know if we'll be having more, but I don't feel like telling Finley that yet.

So now I'd better go antiprocrastinate.

No comments: