Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday, Joe!


Today, Joe turned three. We celebrated last night with cake, ice cream, and presents. We kept it small this year, since we've been having such a busy month, and at three years of age, Joe didn't really notice that he wasn't having the biggest party ever. His enthusiasm for his cake and presents was unparalleled. 'LOOK! My cake, it's a tractor!!!'
The other day, we sat down to lunch, Joe sitting around the corner of the table next to me. He gently laid his hand on my arm, and just looked at me with the biggest, squinty-eyed smile he could muster... like he had just told me the funniest joke ever. I couldn't help it. His joy washed over the place, and we just laughed. For no reason. What a great kid.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Aw, happy birthday, Joe!

Al said...

Boy-Mom relationships are so deeply gratifying. There is really no way to explain it.

Happy Birthday Joe!!!

Al said...

Oh, and GREAT job on the cake!