Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Finley Art

I love the fact that Finley prefers a blank sheet of paper to a coloring book. We have a stack of coloring books containing half-hearted scribbles that rarely get touched. On the other hand, we fly through copy paper like there is no tomorrow.

I must admit that sometimes I get frustrated because it seems like she is in a drawing contest, trying to color as many pictures as she can in a set amount of time. I also get a bit frustrated because, most of the time, she paints, well, nothing... Most of her 'works of art' have been blobs of color splotched on the paper in no particular fashion. If I ask her to draw, say, a tree, she usually refuses. I've never been a big fan of abstract art, but as I seem to have a budding abstract artist in the house, perhaps I need to become one.

Every once in a while, I look and see one that has a certain aesthetic appeal. She painted this one today. It is one of my favorites.


And when she does decide to paint in a more realistic style, well, this one I'm fond of because she painted us. And it has a sun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!! Ma

anissa matthews said...

these are fantastic!