Sunday, May 3, 2009

Soggy Sunday

It's been raining and/or misting for three days now. I am sitting inside while the weeds stretch their roots deeper and their leaves higher.

Last night, Molly was kind enough to watch the kids for us while we went to see Prairie Home Companion. I tried to thank her via the greetings read during intermission, but apparently I wasn't sincere or witty enough.

We finally banished Zivah to the basement at night. I was tired of waking three to four times a night to her fussing. If it weren't for the monitor, we probably wouldn't hear her at all, but with the volume set low, she doesn't disturb me quite as much with her screeching cries. I think she's finally getting the clue, as I only heard a peep out of her at 4 this morning, and she quickly fell back asleep and didn't wake again until after 6:30. Yay.

We've been trying to unload some stuff, so I've been posting on Craigslist, but haven't have any takers yet.

So today, I decided to give it a go and try out my new batch of starter in a loaf of homemade sourdough bread:


I think we have a winner. I fed and put the leftover starter in the fridge. I am hoping I'll be able to maintain it in there, as I am not sure how often I'll be baking at this point...

Lee, this isn't quite the recipe you sent me, but it is similar. I think I misplaced yours in the very tall stack of paper on my filing cabinet, so instead of sifting through that mess, I found another one online that sounded like yours. Oh, and I haven't forgotten the bread baking crock thing... but I promise I'll try it soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks awesome, Wendy!

Anonymous said...

How did it taste? Not only did the bread look good, but I esp. liked the pretty cross stitch towel...who made that for you?! Ma