Monday, May 25, 2009

Weekend Update 5/25

We have been busy this weekend. Chris took Friday off... supposedly to give me the day off from the kids. But my day off turned into a mere 2.5 hours. At least during that time, I had a wonderful lunch date with my friend Lori. And right now, Chris has the kids at Nana's. I have the house to myself. It's been a good morning....

Anyway, we've been busy, trying not to take impulsive drives out to the country and focusing on getting the house ready to put on the market. The plan is to try to sell the house, rent for a few months while we look, and have a wad of cash in hand in the event we run across a foreclosure or some other great deal that we would miss out on if we didn't have a sold house and cash. We have set out our fleeces before the Lord: a certain amount we want to get for the house and a time frame. If it doesn't happen, then we will be content to wait for a while longer.

So we have been working on a few cosmetic things to try to make the place more appealing. we painted the front porch and shutters. The realtor suggested a copper color for the shutters, and I think that is sort of what I wanted originally, but none of the paint chips seemed right back then. When I went to Home Depot to pick up some more paint chips, I spotted what I thought would be perfect, and lo and behold, it was named 'copper' something-or-other. Of course, now that the shutters are painted and up on the house, it looks a whole lot brighter than I imagined it would, and I feel like we are trying to sucker some University of Tennessee fan into buying our place. Oh well.


Next we need to paint the kids' bedrooms. Not UT orange, though...
We're going to a cookout over at Mike and Jenny's today, so I made a big salad with greens from my garden. It has cranberries, almonds, and a homemade honey Dijon/red wine vinaigrette dressing. I really like the 'tennis ball' bib lettuce I'm growing.
I also made a rhubarb dessert with a recipe I got out of the Prairie Home Companion program. Eggs, cream, sugar, cinnamon and rhubarb. How can that go wrong?


1 comment:

Lori said...

It makes me so happy to read that your lunch date with your friend Lori was wonderful. I had such a good time with you. Let's do it again. Tomorrow. :0) Oh, and you're right, the salad sounds like us. The rhubarb dessert sounds yummy, too. Um, when can we come over?