Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Before I forget...

At 11 1/2 months, these are some of the things I noticed Z doing:
-pulling up on furniture (or people),
-building a tower out of blocks (she never got past 3 as the force at which she slammed the blocks down invariably knocked the tower down),
-trying to put clothes on (opening up a drawer, pulling out a random item, then trying to pull it over her head... if the item manage to stay atop her crown, she would crawl happily around until it fell off),
-taking things in and out of containers (over and over and over...),
-and mimicking odd sounds (like sirens and squeaky doors).

At 12 months, she has started throwing little 'tantrums'. Yes. For example, today she saw something in my hand she wanted. She was sitting on the kitchen floor, and reached toward what it was she wanted, verbalizing with a little whine. I didn't give it to her right away, so she cried louder and plopped her hands onto the floor. When that didn't work immediately, she did a little belly flop and proceeded to cry even louder. Yikes.

She also is determined to dominate my lap. She was playing with some random object, when Joe walked over to me where I was sitting on the floor, and sat down in my lap. Zivah dropped what she was doing and crawled over and tried to nuzzle her way in as she attempted to push Joe off with one hand.

1 comment:

Shyla said...

Whoa.
Funny how they go from helpless infant to all this in 12 months :o)