Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bob Dylan in the House

Last week, Joe got an orange shirt. When he was wearing it for the first time the other day, he came to me mid-afternoon, showing me a slit in the front of it that he 'accidentally' cut with the scissors. I doubted somewhat the accident, so proceeded to interrogate him. 'Were you trying to cut paper?' 'No...' 'Tell me what happened.'

I don't know where Joe got it from (probably Chris?), but every once in a while, Joe starts to talk like Bob Dylan, drawing out and emphasizing ceratin syllables in a nasally sort of voice.

Anyway, I guess Joe sensed he might be in some trouble, so he started relating the scissors incident to me in Bob Dylan mode, whereupon I started laughing, and he started snickering, and that was the end of that. [Though later I did manage to tell Joe that he was no longer allowed to use scissors... becasue if it was so easy for him to 'accidentally' cut something, that was dangerous as he might cut himself...]

No comments: