Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Finley is...

She wanted me to wake her up today yelling, "Welcome to Kindergarten!" or some such nonsense. I didn't. (She was already awake, and I just wished her a happy birthday. I'm such a buzzkill.)

Saturday, I went shopping, and since we've been out of paint, I was hoping to get big jugs of tempera paint in various colors that would last a while. I didn't quite find the size and variety I was hoping for, so opted for a 16-color tray of watercolors until I could find what I was really looking for. Well, by Sunday afternoon, only a hint of paint edged the little ovals in the tray, and there was a huge stack of paintings on the table.

For her birthday, she requested a strawberry shortcake. I'm not so sure she would be too happy with real strawberry shortcake, so I am going to try something new...

Anyway, happy birthday, Finley! You are something else...

No comments: