Thursday, July 16, 2009

I've been thinking a lot about relationship lately.

I've been thinking about 'issues' (homelessness, drop-out rates, etc.) and what the solutions are to these issues. It seems that we can create a myriad of programs, throw money at different things... but any real change comes from the relationships made inside the programs and the relationships built behind the money.

I've been thinking about how some of my best friendships came about without my contriving,
and how some that I thought would be great never deepened.

I've been thinking about how relationships I entered out of loneliness left me feeling used and more lonely.

I've been thinking about how love is the best when given without expectation and received without the feeling of obligation.

I've been thinking again...
(Do I ever stop?)

No comments: