Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend Update and Other Ramblings 8/24

Things I am thankful for today: toilet paper, indoor plumbing, steaming showers, and a baby that naps in the morning.


We have all come down with a cold. Z is constantly smearing snot all over her face. Finley was up last night coughing until I drugged her. Joe is on the tail end of his cold. Thankfully, the wheezing and labored breathing was restricted to Thursday. I am waiting for the pressure in my sinuses to subside.

I finally found the birth pictures of zivah that Chris took in the hospital. It is amazing how such an ugly little thing can turn out to be cute.



I took a look through the pictures of my aunt and uncle's vacation this morning. I couldn't help but wonder why I am not living in the spacious beauty of Montana. (I know. The answer is obvious.)

We (mostly Chris) finished painting the kids room this weekend, so we moved them back in yesterday. Last night, we put all three kids to bed in the room at the same time... and it worked! I was expecting lots of screaming, laughing, and toy-throwing with the addition of Zivah in the room, but Z went right to sleep, and the older two eventually followed suit. Now I am hoping to get the other room set up as an office/school/play room.

Reanna has been in school for three weeks, and has been enjoying it so far. Last year, we hardly touched language and only made it through half of the math book. She had to take a placement test at the school, and they said she was well above where she needed to be for eighth grade. She is taking algebra. Either Reanna learned a whole lot more than I thought under what I considered a less-than-ideal homeschooling experience or the public school system really isn't that great (or both)! Regardless, I'm very proud of her!

Today, I was trying to get the kids to weed out some toys. Joe wanted to get rid of a little, cartoony semi-truck. Finley said, 'But Joe, it's purple!'

Every once in a while, it's nice to discover something that Chris and I are actually excited about together. Usually, we have similar goals, but for different reasons, or different ideas about how and to go about it. Moving out of the city is a good example. His focus is 'getting out of the city'. Mine focus is more on having the space I want to garden and have animals. Although we have similar ideas of what our dream house would be like, he wants to build a new house, while I would rather renovate. There is one thing we both agree upon. Someday, we must have Buff Laced Polish chickens:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember a baby girl who looked like Ronh Stander after losing his match with with the heavy weight champion at the time.